Conejos Co., CO Queries
Send an E-mail to: Connie Perkins
In the Body of the e-mail list your Name, e-mail address, the query, and the surnames used in the query.
- Surnames: GARCIA, LARGE, MARTINEZ, SILVA
- Submitter: Carolyn Gibbons
- Today's Date: 8 Apr 2014
- Trying to research my cousin's husband's family.
Willing to exchange what I have (not much);
Antoine Large first into Conejos Co ca 1869; have many of his descendants.
He married Maria Soledad (del Refugio Martinez I was told - but surname on 1880 census was Masturos)
Son Moises Large married Margarita Martinez 20 Jun 1904
Margarita born 1885 died I am told 16 Jul 1994 (seems awfully old)
Margarita's mother was Romulda someone - rumor is Romulda was daughter of Geronimo.
No proof, nothing yet to deny it, though.
Want to more about Margarita
Their daughter Clorinda born 7 Feb 1920 married 2 Nov 1936 Walter (Uvaldo) Silva.
First son my connection - Filemon Alonzo Silva born 21 Mar 1940 in Alamosa.
Walter was son of Zebedeo (Sevedeo) Fruetuoso Silva born 1888 died 17 Nov 1942 and Pablona Garcia born ca 1890 died before 1935 when Zebedeo remarried
Want to know more about her
Zebedeo was son of (MAYBE) Juan Bautista Silva and Martina Gonzalez. Would like confirmation or denial.
Any help on family welcomed.
Carolyn Gibbons from North Carolina
- Surnames: MONTOYA, CHACON
- Submitter: Jim Montoya
- Today's Date: 20 May 2012
My name is Jim Montoya. I am the grandson of Camillo Montoya and Rumaldita Chacon Montoya.
I am trying to find out where Rumaldita was buried and if she was of Native American descent as we have been
Any information would be appreciated.
- Surnames: GARCIA, ESPINOSA, CHACON
- Submitter: Renee Thatcher
- Today's Date: 2 Jun 2009
- NAME IS RENEE EMMA GARCIA. I AM THE GRAND DAUGHTER OF JOSE MOISES GARCIA BORN IN APRIL1 1901 IN SAN RAFAEL OR GUADALUPE COLORADO.
HIS GODPARENTS WERE JOSE EUGENIO ESPINOSA AND MARINA CHACON. HE WAS BABTISED ON APRIL 7TH 1901.
WE WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF ANYONE KNOWS HIS PARENTS. WE THINK HIS MOTHER(MY GREATGRANDMOTHER) WAS ANTONIA GARCIA.
- Surnames: BOLTON, SHAWCROFT, DAVIS
- Submitter: Jodi
- Today's Date: Nov. 22, 2008
- I am looking for obits, death date and buriel place for Ross Lamar Bolton b. 1879 OH. d. 9-2-1961 Conejos or Alamosa Co. Lillian Pearl Shawcroft Bolton b. 1888 CO. d. 1957 CO. buried at Sanford Cem. Conejos Co. CO. Any help anyone can give me would be appreciated. Ross and my aunt Lillian married sometime in the 1940s and lived in either Conejos or Alamosa counties during the 40s and 50s. Ross remarried the same year my aunt died 1957 to Mattie Davis who died in 1960 and is also buried at Sanford Cem. in Conejos Co. Ross is not buried there but must be somewhere else in the county or in Alamosa Co.
Thanks in advance for any help.
- Surnames: ESPINOZA
- Submitter: Evelyn Herrera
- Today's Date: 18/6/2008
- Espinoza married to Tomas Trujillo, later married Yllario Guerra listed in 1910 and 1920 census in
Walsenberg, Colorado. Children listed living with her in 1920 are Concepscion and Rafael (grandchildren).
She also has two sons by Tomas Trujillo, Jose and Gregorio. I Am looking for any information relating to her
and Tomas Trujillo.
- Surnames: MIX
- Submitter: Ann Cales
- Today's Date: 4-7-2008
- P. Mix and his wife, Mary K., were residents of Platoro, CO, from the 1890's until they died in the 1920's. Born in New York state, they apparently were lured to the gold fields of Colorado. For a time Sam's brother was editor of a San Luis Valley newspaper. Sam contributed several news articles about Platoro during its glory days.
He also served as a sort of mayor and town official in Platoro. He is variously listed as a miner and a mining engineer. His wife served as the Platoro postmistress for a time. They are buried in the Alamosa
Cemetery. I would appreciate any information anyone has about Mr. &
Mrs. Mix. I would especially like to have pictures of these early-day settlers of that old mining community.