Willis S. and Mattie R. (McGhee) Horning, son Frank W. Horning, 6 North 51 West
One post says "
(2) Sarah Catherine McDonald. Born in 1849. married to William T. McGhee. They live at McFall, Gentry Co., Mo. To them have been born seven sons and three daughters.
(1) John F. McGhee. Born in 1866. Married and lives in South Dakota. He has seven children. His exact address and the names and ages of his children could not be obtained.
(2) Samantha R. McGhee. Born in 1868. Married, June 17, 1886, to Willis S. Horning, whose occupation is that of farmer. They also live in South Dakota. They have four children.
(1) Jesse V. Horning. Born Nov. 7, 1887.
(2) Frank W. Horning. Born Aug. 29, 1889.
(3) Nila A. Horning. Born Nov. 9, 1893.
(4) Ella C. Horning. Born Jan. 12, 1897.
Ruth M. Flaherty, 85, of Bend, Oregon, died Feb. 14, 2013, after a long battle with Parkinson's disease.
Her son, Jim, and daughter-in-law, Betty, were with her.
At her request there will be no service.
Ruth was born on Feb. 23, 1927, in Sterling, Colo. She married Earl Flaherty in 1946 and they moved to Oregon. Together they raised a family of five. She lived in Westfall, where they managed the old Becker ranch from 1952 until 1960.
She moved to Burley, Idaho, where the family farmed potatoes until 1963 when they returned to ranching in Hereford. In 1985, she and Earl move to Umatilla. In Umatilla, she assisted at the local grade school as an English as a Second Language (ESL) teaching assistant.
After her husband died she moved to Bend to be closer to family.
Ruth was artistic and loved to draw. She also enjoyed bowling and her bunco club. She was happiest when she was with family and friends.
Survivors include her children, Jim and Betty Flaherty of Bend, MaryBeth and Ray Cornell of Burns, Mike and Dawnel Flaherty of Parma, Idaho, Barbara Sanders of The Dalles; her son-in-law, Clinton Tarvin of La Grande; and many grandchildren, great-grandchildren, nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband, Earl; her daughter, Kathleen; and her brother, Vern.