Bryant which was located near the Logan, Yuma and Phillips county lines was established in 1887. In November of 1888 a town was platted a post office established and was actually located twelve miles south of Haxtun on the projected railroad line from Holyoke to Akron.
Named for James Bryant who was a school teacher and grocery store owner Mr. Colter was the post master and mayor. Town had a grocery store, drug store, blacksmith, several saloons, a sod school house and cemetery.
In 1889 the population of Bryant was 50 and by 1913 only 25 people remained.
All materials contained on these pages are furnished for the free use of those engaged in researching their family origins. Any commercial use, without the consent of the host/author of these pages is prohibited. All images used on these pages were obtained from sources permitting free distribution, or generated by the author, and are subject to the same restrictions/permissions. All persons contributing material for posting on these pages does so in recognition of their free, non-commercial distribution, and further, is responsible to assure that no copyright is violated by their submission.
Last updated July 2017