PHILLIPS COUNTY

 

                    Wakeman

 

 

 

 

 

Wakeman was located eight miles southeast of Holyoke. A post office was established there in September 1887. The town was name for Mr. Wakeman who served as the postmaster. Wakeman received its mail from Grant Nebraska and at one time had a rural mail carrier. The post office was discontinued 1897.

All materials contained on these pages are furnished for the free use of those engaged in researching their family origins. Any commercial use, without the consent of the host/author of these pages is prohibited. All images used on these pages were obtained from sources permitting free distribution, or generated by the author, and are subject to the same restrictions/permissions. All persons contributing material for posting on these pages does so in recognition of their free, non-commercial distribution, and further, is responsible to assure that no copyright is violated by their submission.

 

Last updated July 2017