Anton Store and Postoffice circa 1915.
From an Akron News-Reporter clipping donated by Arlene Glenn.
This photograph shows the Anton post office when it was located on the William Potter farm a mile west of the present town. Sarah Potter (Mrs. Bill Potter), the postmistress, is the one standing next to the door. The other person in the photo is a "Mrs. Martin."
Back to Historic Photograph index
Back to Washington County History, Maps & Photos