Yuma County, Colorado
|Home Page||Photograph Index||Site Index|
Thomas M. and Mary (Deeds) Robison, 1 South 43 WestIn 1880 Macoupin County, Illinois, Presley Robinson and Elizabeth are both 57, with James A. 27 a trader in stock , Thomas M. 24, a teacher, Lonia A. 21, and Margaret B. 18.
Thomas cash-claimed eighty acres in 10, 1S 43W in 1891, and Thomas M. "Robinson" cash-claimed a quarter in 7, 1S 42W in 1892.
Helen Robison, Aug 4, 1895 - March 23, 1896 is buried in Wray, lot 2 3 10 6.
Adelle B. Robinson timber-claimed eighty acres in 28, 1S 42W in 1900 - in the middle of the Rosencrans ranch.
THOMAS MARSHALL ROBISON, whose demise occurred at Wray, Colorado, on the 1st of February, 1897, was a worthy native son of Macoupin county and was for some time engaged in the drug business at Chesterfield. His birth occurred near Greenfield, Barr township, this county, on the 11th of December, 1855, his parents being Presley and Elizabeth (Redmond) Robison, who were natives of Kentucky and Indiana respectively. The father, an agriculturist by occupation, took up his abode among the pioneer settlers of Barr township, entering a trace of land from the government. His demise occurred thereon when he had attained the age of sixty-six years. His wife passed away in Hettick at the age of about seventy-three. Unto them were born seven children, as follows: William, who is a resident of Tacoma, Washington; George E., living in Barr Township; "Doc," of Carlinville; James, who is deceased; Thomas Marshall, of this review; Lona, who gave her hand in marriage to Thomas Overby; and Belle, the wife of Charles Nelson.
Thomas M. Robison remained on the home farm in Macoupin county until he had attained the age of nineteen years and then followed the profession of teaching for several years. Subsequently he embarked in the drug business at Chesterfield in association with A. A. Gary. Removing to Colorado, he there took up a homestead and later went into the grain business at Wray, that state. There he continued to reside until called to his final rest on the 1st of February, 1897.
On the 6th of October, 1886, Mr. Robinson was joined in wedlock to Miss Mary E. Deeds, who was born near old Zanesville, in Montgomery county, Illinois, on the 3d of October, 1865, her parents being David and Mary A. (Bird) Deeds. Her paternal grandparents were Philip and Anna (Metcalf) Deeds, while her maternal grandparents were William and Mary (Stuart) Bird. David Deeds, the father of Mrs. Robison, was born near Carrollton, Greene county, Illinois, on the 22d of April, 1832, but spent the greater part of his life in Macoupin county. For a few years he made his home in Montgomery county. His demise occurred in Bird township, Macoupin county on the 27th of April, 1875, when he had attained the age of forty-three years. His wife, whose birth occurred near Pittsburg, Pennsylvania, on the 5th of May, 1833, still survives him and makes her home in Carlinville. They were the parents of eleven children, as follows: Elra P., who is deceased; William A.; Horace D.; George Edgar; Anna Belle; Mary E.; Joseph B.; Ernest L.; Charles F.; and two who died in early life. Unto Mr. and Mrs. Robison were born five children. E. Juanita is a graduate of the Carlinville high school and Blackburn University and also pursued a post-graduate course in the University of Illinois, winning the degree of Bachelor of Arts from the last named institution. She is now principal of the high school at White Hall, Illinois. Victor Blaine, who is likewise a graduate of the Carlinville high school and Blackburn University and did post-graduate work at the University of Illinois, now acts as traveling salesman for Meyer Brothers' coffee house of St. Louis. Clarence E., is a painter by trade. Helen Robison died in infancy and Mary is a high school student.
Mr. Robison was a worthy exemplar of the Masonic fraternity, belonging to the Greenfield and Chesterfield lodges. He took a deep and helpful interest in the work of the Methodist Episcopal church, to which his widow also belongs. The latter makes her home at No. 520 North Seminary avenue in Carlinville.
Back to Pioneer Photographs.
This page is maintained by M.D. Monk.