Yuma County, Colorado
|Home Page||Photograph Index||Site Index|
Millard F. and Emmaline (Grate) Glenn,
Photographs and family information donated by Arlene Glenn, email@example.com
Millard Filmore Glenn was born to David S and Rachel (Cassidy) Glenn in Marion County, Iowa in 1858. Emmaline Grate was born in Marion County, Iowa in 1864. Millard and Emmaline were married in Pleasantville, Iowa in 1882. They had twelve children, three of whom died in infancy. In 1886 the family moved to Smith County, Kansas where they lived until 1910 when they moved to Colorado where Millard and Burr took up adjoining homesteads southwest of Eckley. Emmaline died in 1931 and Millard in 1950. They are buried in the Yuma Cemetery.
Seated: Laura, Emmaline (holding David), Rachel, Millard (holding Katie) and Ida Mae.
Standing in back: Burr
Millard Glenn farmstead six miles southwest of Eckley on a winter day. Looks like "white" laundry day.
Millard and Burr came to Yuma County to locate land a year before the rest of the family moved. Their homestead intents were both filed August 6, 1909 and father and son proved up the same day in September 1913.
Millard F and Emeline Glenn's children were:
1. Burr (1883-1968) who married Olive Stuck in 1911;
2. Ida Mae (1885-1955);
3. Laura (1888-1977) who married John Penton in 1912 and after he died married James McCormick;
4. Rachel (1889-1986) who married John Pletcher in 1910;
5. Lucy (1892 stillborn);
6. Katie (1893-1977) married George Pletcher in 1912;
7. David J (1896-1976) married Dorothy Dewar in 1918;
8. Baby girl (1899 stillborn);
9. Emma Faye (1900-1999) married James Penton in 1919;
10. Jennie (1901-1993) married Forrest Barnett in 1925;
11. Noma (1904-1905); and
12. Cora (1906-1998) married Robert N McCormick in 1925.
Back to Pioneer Photographs.
This page is maintained and copyrighted by Lee Zion.