Old Photos of Vernon

This is the first Vernon Grade School circa 1906.
From the Weaver/Wakefield Collection, scanned by Lee Zion.

This two room school was built in 1905 to replace the Sunnyside school. In 1912 a two room extension was added to the south end of this building. It was replaced in 1927 by a new brick building that also housed the high school. The Hans Ellenberger house is in the background just to the right of the school.
For more about the Vernon Schools see our Vernon School History.

Direction of photograph shown in red on the map below.

Back to Vernon Photographs.

This page is maintained by Lee Zion.